Dermal Rollering \ Skin Needling
Dermal Rollering or Skin Needling as it is also called is a regenerating treatment, using a small roller with titanium gold tip needles microchannels are created in the skin. It is a technique which triggers the healing mechanisms of the skin to naturally induce new skin tissue production as a means of addressing the skin ageing process. The development of new collagen and elastin is stimulated in the skin to create a firmer more youthful skin tone, with a finer and smoother complexion. Skin needling is also performed to -
- Reduce pigmentation
- Strengthen a thin, reactive skin
- Reduce acne and acne scarring
- Revitalise tired, lacklustre skin
Skin needling is also one of the few skin therapies that is suitable for treating all skin types, including ethnic skin and the fragile skin around the eyes, mouth, hands, neck and decolletage. Clarity Advance uses derma rollers and stamps which are high quality titanium with gold tips These rollers bear the CE quality mark. All rollers and stamps are single use, disposable items.
A full consultation will take place to assess the condition of your skin, this includes a full skin analysis with a UV analysis machine, lifestyle factors and skin history are all taken in to consideration. Our specialist will advise you on how to improve and maintain a healthy skin.
Skin priming is highly recommended from two weeks prior to treatment and up to three months after the last session to get the best results possible. Vitamin C and Vitamin A have been proven to increase skin cell renewal therefore reducing healing time and speeding up the skin regeneration process.
What Results Can I Expect?
Visible signs of skin rejuvenation are usually seen after just 6 weeks following the treatment and continue to improve for up to a year or more. Medik8 recommends a minimum course of 3 skin needling treatments, at 6 week intervals to achieve optimum results.
For an ageing skin:
- Restores skin firmness and tightness to flaccid skin.
- Thickens the dermis and enhances dermal compactness.
- Smoothes away wrinkles, lines, folds and crow’s feet.
- Improves skin texture.
- Improves the appearance of large pores.
- Reduces the appearance of atrophic and hypertrophic scars.
- Improves scars caused by chicken pox and acne.
- Relaxes old scars.
- Improves old surgical scars.
- For pigmentation:
- Lightens pigmentation marks.
For stretch marks and cellulite:
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks.
- Improves the appearance of cellulite.
Advantages over other skin treatments.
- Short healing time.
- Minimal down time (24 hours).
- Minimal discomfort post-treatment.
- Cost effective alternative to laser, e.g. Fraxel.
- Painless (topical anaesthetics can be used).
- Minimal or no side effects.
- NO skin damage (epidermis left intact).
- NO skin sensitivity to UV light.
- NO risk of permanent skin discolouration.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Suitable for thin skin.
10% Discount on first treatment!
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a safe and effective skin-resurfacing and regenerative procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to skin to peel away the top layers.
- Performed by fully qualified skin care professionals.
- Short healing time.
- No post UV sensitivity.
- Cheaper than other techniques.